Last updated on November 21st, 2018
SpaceFlight Insider may change this policy by updating this page.
We may collect information in the following ways
- Through forms filled out by a user on the Site
- Through the maintenance and analysis of web technical server log files
- Via e-mail and other communications between a user of the Site
Our Site makes use of technical server log files to improve user experience. The information collected in these log files may include Internet Protocol addresses, internet service providers, browser types, browser versions, referring pages, the date and time of your visit(s), the duration of your visit(s), and the page(s) of our Site that you visit. The information gathered in these log files is not linked to any information that is personally identifiable.
“Cookies” are files containing small amounts of data, which may include anonymous unique identifiers. Cookies are sent to your browser from the Site or our advertising and analytics partners and stored on your computer.
SpaceFlight Insider may also collect non-personally identifiable information from users via cookies, server log data and other similar technological means. Such information may be used to track site performance and enhance the user experience, and may be shared with trusted third parties.
Our Analytics Partners
Google Analytics Cookies and Privacy
- Google Analytics may additionally collect Internet Protocol addresses to determine the country, state, or city of visitors.
Jetpack / Automattic Cookies and Privacy
- Automattic may collect a visitor’s Internet Protocol address, WordPress.com user ID and/or username (if logged in), browser type, browser language, visiting URL, referring URL, timestamp of event, and country code. This information is not made available to us and is only retained by Automattic for 28 days.
- Automattic may also track page views, video plays, outbound links, referring URLs, search engine terms, and the visitor’s country.
Our Advertising Partners
Google / DoubleClick Cookies and Privacy
- Google, as a third party vendor, uses the DoubleClick cookie to serve ads on the Site.
- Google’s use of the DoubleClick cookie enables it to serve ads to visitors of the Site based upon their past visit(s) to the Site and other site(s) on the Internet.
- Users may opt out of the use of the DoubleClick cookie by visiting Google’s Ad Settings.
Sovrn / Lijit Cookies and Privacy
- Sovrn collects anonymous site visit data.
- Sovrn collects only anonymous information unless a reader chooses to submit personal information to Sovrn.
- Users may opt out of this anonymous data collection by installing the Lijit “opt-out” cookie. Click here to install this cookie.
Use of Information
SpaceFlight Insider may use information collected in connection with the Site in the following manner:
- To improve user experience while using the Site.
- To provide requested information, products and services to users via the Site or through other online or offline channels.
- Internal record keeping.
In order to do the foregoing, SpaceFlight Insider may provide the information to trusted third parties, including but not limited to selected third party marketers and vendors as well as third party contractors providing services such as the operation of the Site, communication services and information verification. SpaceFlight Insider will use reasonable efforts to limit use of the information by such third parties to the specific uses set forth above. SpaceFlight Insider also uses electronic and physical security to reduce the risk of improper access to or manipulation of information during transmission and storage, but cannot guarantee the security or integrity of the information and shall have no liability for breaches of security or integrity or third-party interception in transit. SpaceFlight Insider may also disclose information when it determines it is necessary to comply with applicable laws or regulations, in connection with a merger, acquisition, asset purchase or sale of or by SpaceFlight Insider, or to protect SpaceFlight Insider’s interests or safety, our customers, or other visitors to the Site.